Edmund Optics is searching for a Business Analyst to create and manage global standardized key performance indicators as it relates to corporate strategy, service, or financial metrics. Works with the Business Units and the Inventory Management team to provide in-depth analysis of customers, suppliers, sales, purchases, and key corporate data.
- Enforces a global standardized dictionary of nomenclature and terminology for definitions within the organization when it comes to metrics.
- Aids in the creation of reporting around key performance indicators for the various functional areas (departmental, regional, or other business areas) within the company.
- Creates mathematical models that enable key predictors of the corporation in relation to service or to the business units.
- Performs data mining on available data (both internal to Edmund Optics and from third party partners) to build aforementioned reports and mathematical models.
- Works with the imaging and optics business units, and the service unit, to allow those units to be successful in moving the company forward, including providing in-depth analysis of customers, suppliers, sales, purchases, and key corporate data.
- Works with the IS department in the realization of new BI and reporting technologies
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics, including differential equations, linear algebra, advanced statistics, probability theory, optimization, and modeling
- Knowledge of advanced data structures, including relational databases
- Knowledge of SAP ECC 6.0, SAP APO 6.0, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL (2000-2013), Sharepoint (2010, 2013), SSRS, and various BI platforms a plus
- Knowledge of advanced mathematical software (Mathcad, Matlab, Mathematica, Minitab, or SAS) a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel including PowerPivot, Access)
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to learn a broad set of business and operational metrics, including sales, finance, and supply chain management
- High intellectual curiosity and a proactive self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Quick learner – able to learn organization, new analytical approaches and tools
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Other requirements as deemed necessary by management
- Minimum of a BS in business, mathematics, optics or related studies; 5+ years of experience in roles with heavy business analysis requirements.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; operate office equipment; work in office setting; occasional assembly of direct mail packets; occasional packing of materials for tradeshow from warehouse.
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.