Customer Service Representative
Edmund Optics is seeking a Customer Service Representative. This person performs routine customer order processing functions; receive and respond to customer inquiries, complaints and/or orders; processing of customer returns and backorder requests; provides sales support for both International Catalog Sales and the Call Center.
- Review customer concerns, consider options and develop best solutions for customer
- Receive inbound customer correspondence which may result in:
- Entering an order
- Entering a catalog request
- Prepare quotation requests
- Researching the status of an existing order
- Providing item information such as price, availability or technical information
- Resolving other customer service issues as needed
- Maintain files and processing customer returns and backorder information requests
- Resolving returned mail/packages
- Ensuring the database of customers is current, accurate, and complete
- Responsible for entering change of addresses and deletes
- Involves reviewing data quality reports and correction data when necessary
- Merging customers with duplicate accounts
- Filing claims/tracers for lost/damaged shipments
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Report to work station and be ready to work at scheduled time
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Optics Knowledge
- Intermediate to high level of PC Skills in MS Word/Excel/E-Mail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Accurate typing skills
- Attention to detail
- Typing of 40 WPM
- Working knowledge of current policies and procedures for data entry
- Demonstrates skills with telephone etiquette
- Works productively with others in a team environment
- Encourages open communication by listening attentively and actively. Seeks to fully understand information from many points of view
- Greets callers, establishes rapport, projects professional tone, handles complaints, & record statistics on each call
High School diploma or equivalent; minimum of two (2) years related prior work experience.
Ability to operate office equipment such as a copier; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; work in office setting.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. EOE. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. Must be eligible to work in this country. No phone calls please.
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.