Regional Director of Sales - Americas
Edmund Optics is seeking a Regional Director of Sales - Americas who would be responsible for the overall sales performance of the Americas’ region. This position plans, directs, and coordinates the sales of products and services by developing and executing strategic sales plans across all accounts and industries in the region.
- Establish strategic sales goals to meet annual corporate revenue goals, to increase market share and to increase profitability of products and services in the Americas.
- Manage all HR and operational issues related to Territory Sales Managers, Major Account Sales Team (MAST), Call Center Team, and Product Support Engineering Team.
- Develop and mentor team members in selling skills and strategic account management techniques.
- Coach and lead direct reports towards becoming better leaders for their teams.
- Resolve conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of local sales teams to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to sales problems and opportunities.
- Establish and maintains relationships with strategic customers and partners.
- Prospect and develop new domestic and international accounts.
- Provide quarterly forecast for sales by territory and expense budgets.
- Assist with customer visits, product demonstrations, and trade show activities across the region.
- Initiate and supervise business development projects.
- Provide input on overall company strategy and interdepartmental strategy.
- Maintain industry and professional contacts and inform management on industry, market, and applications trends.
- Optimize sales process (financial and physical)
- Manage staff via goal setting and focus on execution
- Implement of contact strategy and CRM process improvements
- Develop intra- and interdepartmental processes
- Interface with department managers to resolve conflicts
- Provide marketing feedback
- Contract negations and review
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Optics and optical industry knowledge
- Ability to interact with customers
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- EO product knowledge and awareness
- Computer skills; PC literacy in Excel, Word, Access and Act
- Charismatic leader in personality
Bachelor’s Degree in related field; minimum of ten (10) years direct sales experience; experience in optical manufacturing and services or an MBA; minimum of three (3) years optical experience
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel frequently.
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.