Technical Marketing Manager
Edmund Optics is seeking a Technical Marketing Manager. He/she functions as the technical voice of our marketing and thought leadership efforts to our customers, and coordinates the technical interactions between the Product Line Management group, the Americas Sales team and Americas Marketing team. Attention to detail, superb communication and writing skills, and the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. The responsibilities include product and technical related outbound marketing, competitor analysis & intelligence, and support of technical based marketing initiatives. These activities include, but are not limited to, crafting the messaging and product positioning for EO’s product lines through the company’s website, trade shows, cut sheets, application notes, white papers, video, social media and additional marketing collateral, including the EO catalog. In the role of marketing intelligence, the TMM works directly with the Product Line Managers and sales team to develop product positioning and messaging to position EO’s products in the Americas market. They also support identifying new trends and products, and work with the PLM group to fulfill those new sources of demand. The TMM is an expert in the habits of technical customers and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to EO’s sales and marketing channels.
- Develop thought leadership content to best demonstrate EO’s expertise through authoring articles, whitepapers, webinars and other vehicles.
- Communicate the value proposition of EO’s products through its multiple marketing channels and create content and collateral that supports that proposition, with a focus around technical content creation – this includes, but not limited to, website copy, social media posts, video scripts, advertisement copy, and catalog content.
- Coordinate and contribute technical content in order to educate customers and position EO as a technical advisor in the industry
- Work closely with Product Line Managers, Marketing, and Sales to identify and plan the launch of new products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan, including coordinating and utilizing all available marketing/sales channels; such as publicity, web introduction, sales force training, etc.
- Oversee and execute the development of innovative and eye catching product demonstrations in support of EO’s trade show efforts.
- Serve as the product point person at EO’s trade shows – ensuring the product messaging, product display, and product demonstrations are consistent with the focus of the trade show and with EO’s corporate product vision.
- Coordinate product training efforts.
- Proof all copy to ensure accuracy and credibility within EO messaging and brand strategy.
- General copy writing assistance and other marketing projects as requested beyond technical-specific needs.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High level of personal initiative
- Enthusiasm for adopting and implementing new technologies and concepts
- Product and technology knowledge is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication is a must
- Willingness to work with many groups, across departments, and show strong team spirit
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to motivate and train people
- Can manage heavy workload of multiple, concurrent projects and priorities at once
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking capabilities
- Comfortable with all MS Office software
- University degree in optics or a related technical field; five (5) years of product, marketing or technical writing and sales experience including project management, engineering expertise, customer interaction experience, etc., ideally in the optics and photonics industry.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; operate office equipment; work in office setting; occasional assembly of direct mail packets; occasional packing of materials for tradeshow from warehouse.
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.