CNC Engineer (MRF)
The CNC Engineer role shall be considered the principal engineer for all operations which require the use of CNC (Computer Numerical Control) assisted manufacturing.
- Ability to operate a CNC controlled MRF finishing machine on fragile optics.
- Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing process and method in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
- Recommend and implement improvements for production processes, methods and controls coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Verify settings by regularly measuring parts before and after changes are made.
- Familiar with various measurement instruments including interferometers, micrometre, callipers, dial indicators, height gages, pH meters etc.
- Teamwork with manufacturing to troubleshoot and solve critical production issues related to optical systems.
- Results-oriented and ensure timely project follow-up and completion, as well as handle production indices set up and monitoring.
- Familiarity with SAP and Lean Six Sigma will be advantageous.
- Degree in Mechanical/Optical Manufacturing Engineering with 2 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in setup/operation CNC automation system.
- Understanding technical drawing and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance).
- Team player with good analytical and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train and coach junior CNC technicians in the programming and machining of complex glass geometries.