Optical Thin Film Engineer
Seeking candidate capable of implementing design strategies, oversee operations and work with other employees to meet client needs for custom optical components. Required to have a minimum of a BS in Engineering, Physics, or Material Science, strong communication skills and a working knowledge of the science involved in the deposition of thin films onto optical surfaces. Experience providing guidance to management staff and operators to ensure the business meets continuity, testing and financial estimates is highly desirable. Duties include working to guarantee that a customer's requests can be produced (manufacturing engineering) as well as assisting in the training of employees.
- Design optical coatings to meet customer’s and internal specifications.
- Develop and implement coating designs and processes that will optimize efficiencies and yields, and minimize costs.
- Optimize chamber configurations for deposition of optical thin films.
- Provide technical support in maintaining coating operation.
- Maintain documents and records of processes and procedures relevant to the design, development and production.
- Report to head of technology the status and progress of projects assigned in a regular, timely and accurate manner.
- Train technicians in operation of precision optical coating processes.
- Other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Minimum Degree in Engineering, Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in optics manufacturing environment with minimum 3 years in optical coating design and production.
- Knowledge of modern thin film coating production technologies including thermal evaporation, electron beam evaporation, ion assisted deposition and magnetron sputtering.
- Proficient utilizing design software such as TfCalc, Flimstar or Optilayer
- Good analytical mind and ability to work independently as well as in team’s
- Good written and oral presentation skills