I love interacting with EO’ Designers, customers and vendors. It is very fulfilling to be responsible for the imaging lenses, cameras and illumination that Edmund Optics offers and to identify parts that continue to move our product and technology forward. This process of keeping our offering up to date helps our customers to get the best products for their individual need and keeps us at the front of the machine vision technology curve.
Nicholas James is a Global Production Planning and Capacity Management Manager in Edmund Optics’ Barrington, NJ, USA office. He is responsible for global production planning and capacity management at our four factories in Japan, Singapore, China, and New Jersey, USA. He also runs our monthly sales and operations planning (S&OP) meetings with global sales, purchasing and manufacturing managers. Nick exemplifies EO’s core value, “We do what is best for the customer,” by working tirelessly to ensure customers have the parts they want, when they need them. Previously, Nick held the positions of Business Analytics Manager, Imaging Product Line Manager, and Applications Engineer at the EO Barrington office located in Barrington, NJ, USA, providing customer support, which spurred his interest in imaging and machine vision. He received his BS in Optical Engineering from the University of Rochester located in Rochester, NY, USA.
My Biggest Accomplishment
Developing multiple new lines of Imaging Lenses, including TECHSPEC® CompactTL™ Telecentric Lenses and TECHSPEC® High Resolution Lenses for 1" and 4/3" Sensors.
- 10/2014 – "Playing to Type: Choosing the Right Class of Lens for Machine Vision" by Nicholas James – Industrial Photonics
- 01/2014 – "When to Consider Inline Illumination" by Nicholas James – Quality
- 05/2013 – "Imaging Lens" by Nicholas James – Vision and Sensors
- 03/2011 – "Flexible Imaging Lens Designs" by Nicholas James – Quality
- 08/2010 – "MULTISPECTRAL IMAGING: Imaging systems can benefit from reflective optics" by Nicholas James – Laser Focus World
- 06/2009 – "Sensor Standards Require Superior Optics" by Nicholas James – Vision and Sensors
- 07/2012 – "Q&A: Selection Lenses for Machine Vision Systems" Nicholas James, interviewed by: Vision and Sensors – Vision and Sensors
Copyright 2020, エドモンド・オプティクス・ジャパン株式会社
[東京オフィス] 〒113-0021 東京都文京区本駒込2-29-24 パシフィックスクエア千石 4F
[秋田工場] 〒012-0801 秋田県湯沢市岩崎字壇ノ上3番地