Associate Product Line Engineer
Edmund Optics is seeking an Associate Product Line Engineer. An Associate Product Line Engineer works directly with our Product Development team to strengthen Edmund Optics’ position as a leading manufacturer of optical products. In support of that mission, he or she will be responsible for developing expertise in designated product areas, and developing and implementing product strategies within those areas. In addition to ownership of the strategy within those designated product areas, the Associate Product Line Engineer will work closely and collaboratively with PLMs, Product Marketing Managers, Graphic Artists, Drafters, and our Web Team to create, review, or edit documentation, including effective product presentations for the web and catalog, and recommend product marketing and pricing strategy. Original content is based on basic information provided by Edmund Optics’’ engineers and Product Line Managers. Hence, this position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Execute plans for product lines
- Implement strategic plans for product lines, including new product additions, end-of-life processes, and revenue and profitability growth initiatives
- Maintain product roadmaps
- Execute on IP strategy
- Create, review, and/or edit documentation for the website, including line-art, technical drawings, prescription data files, filter curves, specification sheets, and cut sheets
- Create original catalog and web copy, optimized for both technical content and search engine optimization algorithms
- Ensure the timely and accurate creation and communication of new products to our inventory management teams throughout our product system
- Assist Product Line Managers with engineering change notices
- Serve as a key liaison between Product Development and Marketing to ensure our marketing messaging and schedule is aligned with our product development roadmap and schedule
- Make recommendations regarding product pricing
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and presentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound discretion and judgment, as well as work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Desire to learn about and understand new technologies, particularly in areas related to Edmund Optics’ core capabilities and key customer markets and applications
- Willingness to work with many groups, across departments, and show strong team spirit
- Ability to juggle multiple, concurrent projects and priorities at once
- Comfortable with all MS Office software
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in technical field, or two (2) years of relevant experience.
Ability to travel; work in office and/or lab setting.
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com