Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Project Engineer
Edmund Optics is seeking an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Engineer knowledgeable in optical assemblies to work at our Barrington, NJ headquarters. A passionate engineer who would provide technical support for the development and testing of complex assemblies requiring environmental testing including shock & vibration, thermal shock, pressure sealing and emersion testing for defense and commercial products. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer would work closely with external customers and Engineering to outline design specifications. They will review and approve design proposals for prospective products to specify test methods and assist hands-on in the development of test beds for production. Ability to independently complete opto-mechanical designs to meet environmental testing requirements a plus. Previous project management experience a plus. Hard working, confident, charismatic, and team oriented candidates need only apply.
- Assess & develop project feasibilities, project plans and compliance matrices
- Customer point of contact for external projects on technical issues
- Work with Engineering to establish test requirements and resources
- Develop and manage risk assessment and risk mitigation plans through risks analysis
- Coordinates all activities to meet project cost, schedule, and performance of multiple assigned projects
- Interface with product line management for spec development on internal projects
- Head project meetings and present project schedule and status to customers and management
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Experience in the qualification of assemblies requiring environmental testing including shock, vibration, thermal shock, pressure sealing and emersion testing for defense and commercial products
- Hands-on experience in the development and testing of complex assemblies
- Job Shop manufacturing knowledge
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with customers and various levels of technical staff
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
- PC skills: Excel, Word, & familiarity with mechanical and optical design software
- 7-10+ years previous experience or equivalent in the Optics industry
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or equivalent experience
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. EOE. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) and eligible to work in this country. No phone calls please.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods; ability to travel; adequate manual dexterity to perform essential functions; ability to use some physical efforts in the handling of heavy materials and machinery; ability to lift ≥50 lbs.; ability to work in manufacturing environment.
- US Citizenship or permanent residence required
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.