Edmund Optics is seeking a Telecommunications Specialist to join our team. The Telecom Specialist is responsible for the deployment, management and monitoring of the company’s systems including voice, data, and video communication. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of core communications and contact center technology and has experience deploying complex voice and contact center applications.
This position consists of installing and servicing Mitel IP-PBX systems. You must be able to work with limited supervision. You may be required to work off hours from normal business hours to support system implementations. Analyze business needs, researches and recommends solutions working with IT staff. Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance with the organization's internal help Desk system.
- Provide service and support on the telecommunication infrastructure including phone networking and phone systems configuration on the Mitel Controller, Mitel Contact Center to include call recording.
- Configures and optimizes telephone systems and services, voicemail and other related systems
- Telecom adds, moves and changes
- Configuring ACD call groups and voice mail system
- Respond to inquiries and requests of internal Help Desk ticket system
- Support for internal Fax, copiers, printers and cell phones.
- Work with Information System staff to assess telecommunication system capabilities and determine long range needs
- Update documentation as necessary
- Participate in On Call rotation
- Responsible for telecom contracts
- Knowledge of voice technology, IP-based solutions, voice networking, and troubleshooting/problem resolution required
- 3+ years administering Mitel IP phones, Systems and Controllers
- Experience with ACD & Prairiefyre/MiContact Center support in a Mitel Call Center environment
- Experience with Skype & Oaisys call recording admin
- Ability to work in a team
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in Technology related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years Telecom related experience.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and phone support.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability with VoIP, Telecom, auditing and, Video Conferencing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Capacity to learn and willingness to embrace new technologies and techniques.
Ability to lift up to 15 pounds and operate office equipment; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; work in office setting.
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.