Director of Inside Sales - Americas
Edmund Optics is seeking a Director of Inside Sales - Americas responsible for the overall sales performance of the Americas’ accounts. This position plans, directs, and coordinates the sales of products and services by developing and executing strategic sales and marketing plans against a defined market segment.
- Reach and exceed annual revenue targets and growth goals for region
- Collaborate with regional leadership on strategic development, resource allocation and budgeting
- Manage all HR and operational issues related to regional inside sales team (account managers, call center, product support engineers)
- Resolve conflicts and facilitate changes in structure of local sales teams to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to sales problems and opportunities.
- Develop account management strategy with inside sales staff to complement key account management by field sales reps
- Recognize and develop significant sales opportunities, coordinate sales resources to win business.
- Maximize selling price and corporate gross margin. Review significant formal price quotations on prior to delivery to customer/prospect. Ensure quoted pricing meets pricing guidelines. Work closely with teams to generate market-competitive pricing for each individual opportunity
- Work with staff to prospect and develop new domestic and international accounts.
- Develop and localize comprehensive sales plans and programs for Americas regions, consistent with market demands and long-term profitability.
- Work closely with Edmund Optics global manufacturing sites to stay current with manufacturing and test capabilities, available capacity by product
- Establish and maintain relationships with strategic partners.
- Coach and lead direct reports towards becoming a leader for their teams
- Initiate and supervise business development projects.
- Optimization of Sales Process (financial and physical)
- Management of Staff by setting goals and reviewing them frequently and timely
- Coaching team
- Implementation of contact strategy
- Develop intra- and interdepartmental processes
- Interface with department managers to resolve conflicts
- Marketing feedback
- Contract negations and review
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Optics and optical industry knowledge
- Optics and optical industry knowledge
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to interact with customers
- Able to identify key objectives, set goals, and execute plans
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- EO product knowledge and awareness
- Computer skills; PC literacy in Excel, Word, Access and Act
- Charismatic leader in personality
- US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) required
Bachelor’s Degree in related field; minimum of ten (10) years direct sales experience; experience in optical manufacturing and services or an MBA; minimum of three (3) years optical experience
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel frequently.
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.